How to change conditional formatting icon set color in Excel?
While you using the conditional formatting icon set in Excel, there is three colors icon. If the relative value is bigger than 67% of all values, the icon showed as up arrow with green, if the value is bigger than 33% but less than 67% of all values, the icon showed as horizontal arrow with yellow, if the value is smaller than 33% of all values, the icon showed as down arrow with red. Have you ever tried to change these icons set colors as below screenshots shown?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, there is no way that can change the conditional formatting icon set, but I can introduce a way to insert some similar icons with different colors as you need.
1. Select a blank cell beside the data list, for instance, F2, type 67%, then in the below cells, type 33% and 0%. See screenshot:
2. Then type =PERCENTILE($C$1:$C$8,F2) into G2 to calculate the value line above 67%. C1:C8 is the value list, F2 is the 67%., then drag fill handle down to calculate evert value line. See screenshot:
3. Then in H2, click Insert > Symbol, and in the Symbol dialog, select Wingdings 3 from the Font drop-down list, and then insert a type of up arrow and click Insert to insert it. See screenshots:
4. Then repeat above step to select horizontal arrow and down arrow to insert them into cell H3 and cell H4.
5. Then in the column in front of value list, B1, type this formula =IF(C1="","",IF(C1>=$G$2,$H$2,IF(C1>=$G$3,$H$3,$H$4))), then drag fill handle down to the cells you use. See screenshot:
Tip: C1 is the value you use, G2 is the 67% value line, H2 is the arrow you want to show while the values are above 67%, G3 is the 33% value line, H3 is the arrow showed while values are above 33% but below 67%, and G4 is the value below 33% and H4 is the arrow showed when values are below 33%.
6. Then format font of these cells as Wingdings 3. See screenshot:
7. Continue to click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule to format the arrows’ colors as you need. See screenshot:
8. In the New Formatting Rule dialog, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format in Select a Rule Type section, and type =$C1>$G$2 into the Format values where this formula is true. Click Format button to open Format Cells dialog, under Font tab, select a font color you use. See screenshot:
Tip: C1 is the first value you use, G2 is the 67% value you have calculated.
9. Click OK > OK, and the up arrows have been formatted with red color.
10. Repeat above two steps to format the horizontal / down arrows with other colors.
Format horizontal arrows with this formula =AND($C1<$G$2, $C1>$G$3)
Format down arrows with this formula=$C1<$G$3
11. Then format the font color of arrows to another color by Font Color under Home tab. See screenshot:
Now the icon set colors have been designed.
|In some cases, you may have a range of calues with multiple colors, and what you want is to count/sum values based on same color, how can you quickly calculate?
With Kutools for Excel's Count by Color, you can quickly do many calculations by color, and also can generate a report of the calculated result.