How to overlay line chart on bar chart in Excel?
For comparing different types of data, you can create a chart that displays these two unique sets of data in Excel. This article is talking about overlaying line chart on the bar chart in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To overlay line chart on the bar chart in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Select the range with two unique sets of data, then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart > clustered column. See screenshot:
2. Now a bar chart is created in your worksheet as below screenshot shown. Select the specified bar you need to display as a line in the chart, and then click Design > Change Chart Type. See screenshot:
3. In the Change Chart Type dialog box, please select Clustered Column – Line in the Combo section under All Charts tab, and then click the OK button.
4. Select and right click the newly created line and select Format Data Series in the context menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Format Data Series pane, select the Secondary Axis option in the Series Options section under the Series Options tab. See screenshot:
Now the line chart is overlaid on the bar chart as below screenshot: