How to overlay line chart on bar chart in Excel?
For comparing different types of data, you can create a chart that displays these two unique sets of data in Excel. This article is talking about overlaying line chart on the bar chart in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To overlay line chart on the bar chart in Excel, please do as follows.
1. Select the range with two unique sets of data, then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart > clustered column. See screenshot:
2. Now a bar chart is created in your worksheet as below screenshot shown. Select the specified bar you need to display as a line in the chart, and then click Design > Change Chart Type. See screenshot:
3. In the Change Chart Type dialog box, please select Clustered Column – Line in the Combo section under All Charts tab, and then click the OK button.
4. Select and right click the newly created line and select Format Data Series in the context menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Format Data Series pane, select the Secondary Axis option in the Series Options section under the Series Options tab. See screenshot:
Now the line chart is overlaid on the bar chart as below screenshot: