How to create a chart in ranking order in Excel?
While we insert a chart to show the data more visually, the data in the chart will be placed in the order as in the data range. But do you know how to create a chart in a ranking order as below screenshot shown in Excel? Here, I will tell you the method.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To create a chart in a ranking order, you just need to sort the original data first, then create a chart of the data.
1. Select the data you use to create a chart, and click Data > Sort. See screenshot:
2. In the Sort dialog, specify the column you want to sort by, the criteria you want to sort on, and the order you want. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. The data has been sorted by smallest to largest.
4. Then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart and select a chart as you need.
Then the ranking chart has been created.
You maybe interested in this utility:
Convert Number to Ordinal
|Kutools for Excel's Convert Number to Ordianl to quikcly convert cardinal numbers to ordinal numbers.|
|To Get Free Trial Now!|