- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoEso es lo que estoy tratando de hacer tamiben (That is what I am trying to do as well)
How to color or highlight certain word in cells in Excel?
If a cell contains multiple words, how can you highlight a certain word only in this cell? And how about highlighting this certain word in multiple cells? This article will provide a method to achieve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following VBA code can help you highlight the certain word in a selection. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range contains the cells you want to highlight certain word inside. Then press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Color certain word in cells in Excel
Sub HighlightStrings() Dim xHStr As String, xStrTmp As String Dim xHStrLen As Long, xCount As Long, I As Long Dim xCell As Range Dim xArr On Error Resume Next xHStr = Application.InputBox("What is the string to highlight：", "KuTools For Excel", , , , , , 2) If TypeName(xHStr) <> "String" Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False xHStrLen = Len(xHStr) For Each xCell In Selection xArr = Split(xCell.Value, xHStr) xCount = UBound(xArr) If xCount > 0 Then xStrTmp = "" For I = 0 To xCount - 1 xStrTmp = xStrTmp & xArr(I) xCell.Characters(Len(xStrTmp) + 1, xHStrLen).Font.ColorIndex = 3 xStrTmp = xStrTmp & xHStr Next End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. And in the Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the certain word you will highlight in cells, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all the words you have specified are colored in red in selected cells immediately as below screenshot shown.
- How to highlight cell if value exists in or equals to cell in another column in Excel?
- How to compare two strings for similarity or highlight differences in Excel?
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?
- How to change value based on cell color in Excel?
- How to change cell color when cell is clicked or selected in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoQuisisera resaltar varias palabras al tiempo, como lo puedo hacer?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoTHANKS, THANKS, THANKS
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there any way to make the code highlight the words automatically as I edit the tabs?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi,
Sorry can't help with this. Thanks for your comment.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou don't explain how to open the "Kutools for Excel dialog box" referred to in the last step.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear Justin,
Sorry about that. After pasting the VBA code into the Code window, please press the F5 key to run the code, and then he "Kutools for Excel" dialog box will be opened. Thank you.