How to color or highlight certain word in cells in Excel?
If a cell contains multiple words, how can you highlight a certain word only in this cell? And how about highlighting this certain word in multiple cells? This article will provide a method to achieve it.
The following VBA code can help you highlight the certain word in a selection. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range contains the cells you want to highlight certain word inside. Then press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Color certain word in cells in Excel
Sub HighlightStrings() Dim xHStr As String, xStrTmp As String Dim xHStrLen As Long, xCount As Long, I As Long Dim xCell As Range Dim xArr On Error Resume Next xHStr = Application.InputBox("What is the string to highlight：", "KuTools For Excel", , , , , , 2) If TypeName(xHStr) <> "String" Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False xHStrLen = Len(xHStr) For Each xCell In Selection xArr = Split(xCell.Value, xHStr) xCount = UBound(xArr) If xCount > 0 Then xStrTmp = "" For I = 0 To xCount - 1 xStrTmp = xStrTmp & xArr(I) xCell.Characters(Len(xStrTmp) + 1, xHStrLen).Font.ColorIndex = 3 xStrTmp = xStrTmp & xHStr Next End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. And in the Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the certain word you will highlight in cells, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all the words you have specified are colored in red in selected cells immediately as below screenshot shown.
- How to highlight cell if value exists in or equals to cell in another column in Excel?
- How to compare two strings for similarity or highlight differences in Excel?
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?
- How to change value based on cell color in Excel?
- How to change cell color when cell is clicked or selected in Excel?