How to highlight all misspelled words in worksheet in Excel?
It is easy to check the spelling of texts in Excel worksheet. However, do you know how to highlight all misspelled words in a worksheet? A method in this article can help you to solve this problem.
Please do as follows to highlight all misspelled words in the worksheet with VBA code.
1. In the worksheet with misspelled words, you will highlight, please press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Highlight all misspelled words in worksheet
Sub ColorMispelledCells() Dim xRg As Range, xCell As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("please select range：", "KuTools For Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each xCell In xRg If Not Application.CheckSpelling(xCell.Text) Then _ xCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 28 Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the range contains the misspelled words you will highlight, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all cells containing misspelled words are highlighted immediately in selected range as below screenshot shown.
- How to highlight cell if value exists in or equals to cell in another column in Excel?
- How to compare two strings for similarity or highlight differences in Excel?
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?
- How to change cell color when cell is clicked or selected in Excel?
- How to color or highlight certain word in cells in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!