How to hide filter arrows/buttons while filtering in Excel?
As we all know, there are filter arrows displayed in the column headers of the filter range, but sometime, you want to hide the filter arrows while filtering as below screenshot shown. In this article, I introduce some tricks on solving this job in Excel.
To filter data without the filter arrows, you can apply the Advanced Filter function.
1. Firstly, you need to type the filter criterion in a range as below screenshot shown:
2. Then select the data range you want to filter, and click Data > Advanced. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Advanced Filter dialog, select the filter criterion cells into the Criteria range. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and the data has been filtered without filter button.
Moreover, if you have Kutools for Excel, you can apply its Super Filter feature to quickly filter data with multiple criteria without filter button.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Enterprise > Super Filter to display the Super Filter pane.
2. Check Specified option, and click to select data range you want to filter.
3. Then specify the filter criteria in the pane as below screenshot shown:
4. Click Filter. Now the data has been filtered without filter button.