How to change default browser when opening the hyperlink in Excel?
When clicking to open the hyperlink in worksheet, it will be opened with your default browser, how could you change to open in another browser and set it as default one when opening hyperlink in Excel?
To change the default browser to another one when opening hyperlink, the following steps may help you:
1. Right-click the Start button in the computer, and choose Control Panel from the context menu, see screenshot:
2. In the Control Panel window, click Programs option, see screenshot:
3. And then go on clicking Default Programs option in the Programs window, see screenshot:
4. In the Default Programs window, please click Set your default programs option, see screenshot:
5. In the popping up Set Default Programs window, choose one browser you like from the Programs list box, and then click Set this program as default option in the right section, see screenshot:
6. Then click OK to close the windows, from now on, when clicking the hyperlink, it will be opened with the browser you have just specified.
Note: The changed browser will be applied on the computer.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoThanks It's done.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHOW TO DO THIS ON A MAC:(I have iOS "Big Sur")Go to System Preference> General> Default Web Browser and select which browser you like!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoThanks Worked
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks with love; that worked for me.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you. This helped me a lot!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoYou can accomplish this on a per-link basis (e.g. if you have some links that require a specific browser) by creating a shortcut file that includes the program to use. E.g., to open this site in Internet Explorer, create a shortcut with the target
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" https://www.extendoffice.com
and insert the hyperlink to this shortcut file in your Excel cell.