How to data validation to allow date greater than today or a specific date in Excel?
When working in Excel, if you just want to allow the past date, future date or a specific range of date to be entered in a worksheet, how could you solve this task in Excel?
In Excel, the Data Validation feature can help you to allow the only specific date to be entered in a worksheet, please do as this:
1. Select a column of cells which you will enter the specific date, and then click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
2. In the Data Validation dialog box, under the Setting tab, select Custom from the Validation criteria drop-down list, and then enter this formula: =A1<=Today() into the Formula text box, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK button, from now on, only the date which is less than today allowed to be entered in the selected column, see screenshot:
1. If you want only the future days can be entered, please apply this formula: =A2>=Today().
2. Sometime, you may want a specific range of date to be entered, please type the formula like this: AND(A2>TODAY(),A2<=(TODAY()+30)), this means only dates within 30 days since today can be entered. You can change the references to your need.