How to move or replace references in Excel formula?
For instance, you have a list of formulas shown as =Sheet1!(cell) +1, now you want to replace all Sheet1 in the formulas with Sheet3 as below screenshot shown, how can you solve it quickly in Excel?
If you want to move or replace a specific reference in all formulas of a range or sheet, you can apply the Find and Replace utility to solve it.
1. Select a range or the sheet you want to use the formulas, press Ctrl + H keys to show the Find and Replace dialog. See screenshot:
2. Click Options to expand the dialog, type the reference you want to find in Find what textbox, type the new reference you use in Replace with dialog, and select Formulas in the Look in drop-down list. See screenshot:
3. Click Replace All, then all references in the selection or the active sheet have been replaced with the new one.
1. If you want to move the references, you just need to leave nothing in Replace with text box in the Find and Replace dialog.
2. If you want to find or replace characters or references across multiple workbooks or worksheets, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s advanced Find and Replace function, which can do you a favor kindly. It’s full function without limitation in 60 days, please download and have a free trial now.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!