How to remove salutations from names cells in Excel?
If you have a list of names with the prefix salutations, such as Mr, Miss, Mrs, etc, and now, you want to remove the salutations from the names and only keep the names as following screenshot shown, how could you finish this job in Excel as quickly as you can?
To remove the salutations from the names cells, please apply the following formula:
Enter this formula: =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(" ",A2)) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to fill this formula, and all salutations have been removed and only leave the names, sees screenshot:
Sometimes, you need to split the salutations and names into two separated columns, the following formulas also can help you, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2)-1) into a blank cell to put the result, then drag the fill handle down to the cells which you want to apply this formula, and all salutations in the cells have been extracted as following screenshot shown:
2. In another blank cell, please enter this formula: =MID(A2,FIND(" ",A2)+1,1024), and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to extract the names, all names are extracted into another column as below screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!