How to conditional formatting values not between two numbers in Excel?
For instance, in this case, I want to highlight the values which are not between two numbers in Excel, do you have any ways to quickly solve it? Actually, I have two methods to handle it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, the Conditional Formatting utility can do you a favor on this job.
1. Select the range of cells, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
2. Then in the New Formatting Rule dialog, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list, and type this formula =OR(A1<20,A1>30) into the Format values where this formula is true textbox, and click Format button to enable the Format Cells dialog, under Fill tab, and select one color you want to use for highlighting. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1 is the first cell of your selected range, 20 and 30 are the number range you want to highlight except.
3. Click OK > OK. Then the cells which are not in the number range have been highlighted.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can apply the Select Specific Cells utility to select the cells and highlight them which are not between two specific numbers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option, and choose Less than in the first drop-down list and type the lower number in the beside textbox, and check Or option, then choose Greater than from second drop-down list, and type the higher number into the next textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok > OK, and the numbers which not are between two numbers have been selected, and you can fill them with colors as you need.