How to conditional formatting values not between two numbers in Excel?
For instance, in this case, I want to highlight the values which are not between two numbers in Excel, do you have any ways to quickly solve it? Actually, I have two methods to handle it.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
In Excel, the Conditional Formatting utility can do you a favor on this job.
1. Select the range of cells, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
2. Then in the New Formatting Rule dialog, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list, and type this formula =OR(A1<20,A1>30) into the Format values where this formula is true textbox, and click Format button to enable the Format Cells dialog, under Fill tab, and select one color you want to use for highlighting. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1 is the first cell of your selected range, 20 and 30 are the number range you want to highlight except.
3. Click OK > OK. Then the cells which are not in the number range have been highlighted.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can apply the Select Specific Cells utility to select the cells and highlight them which are not between two specific numbers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option, and choose Less than in the first drop-down list and type the lower number in the beside textbox, and check Or option, then choose Greater than from second drop-down list, and type the higher number into the next textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok > OK, and the numbers which not are between two numbers have been selected, and you can fill them with colors as you need.