How to conditional formatting values not between two numbers in Excel?
For instance, in this case, I want to highlight the values which are not between two numbers in Excel, do you have any ways to quickly solve it? Actually, I have two methods to handle it.
In Excel, the Conditional Formatting utility can do you a favor on this job.
1. Select the range of cells, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
2. Then in the New Formatting Rule dialog, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list, and type this formula =OR(A1<20,A1>30) into the Format values where this formula is true textbox, and click Format button to enable the Format Cells dialog, under Fill tab, and select one color you want to use for highlighting. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1 is the first cell of your selected range, 20 and 30 are the number range you want to highlight except.
3. Click OK > OK. Then the cells which are not in the number range have been highlighted.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can apply the Select Specific Cells utility to select the cells and highlight them which are not between two specific numbers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the range and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option, and choose Less than in the first drop-down list and type the lower number in the beside textbox, and check Or option, then choose Greater than from second drop-down list, and type the higher number into the next textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok > OK, and the numbers which not are between two numbers have been selected, and you can fill them with colors as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!