How to highlight the dates over a year old in Excel?
In this article, I introduce the methods to highlight dates which are over a year old from today automatically in Excel.
The Conditional Formatting utility can help you to highlight the dates over a year old from today automatically with one formula.
1. Select the dates cells (if you want to highlight the rows, select all cells of the data range), and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule.
2. Then in the New Formatting Rule dialog, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list, and type this formula =A2<=TODAY()-365 into the Format values where this formula is true textbox, and click Format to enable the Format Cells dialog, under Fill tab, and select one color you want to use for highlighting. See screenshot:
3. Click OK > OK, and the dates which are over one year old from today have been highlighted.
If you want to select the dates over one year old from today, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Specific Cells utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below: （Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. In a blank cell, type this formula =TODAY()-365 to calculate the date which is over one year old from today.
2. Select the date cells, and click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
3. In the Select Specific Cells dialog, check Cell option, and choose Less than in the first drop down list and click to select the date which is over one year old from today in the beside textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to remind you the number of matched cells. See screenshot:
5. Click OK to close the dialog, and then you can select, remove, format or do other editors the selected cells as you need.