How to select and highlight diagonal cells in Excel?
In Excel, we usually need to select multiples cells, but have you ever tried to select and highlight the diagonal cells in a range? In this article, I will introduce a VBA coed to quickly select diagonal cells for you.
To select diagonal cells, you can use a macro code.
1. Select the cell you want to start the diagonal selection and press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module and paste below code to the script.
VBA: Select diagonal cells
Sub selectDiag() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20171128 Dim I As Long Dim xCount As Long Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = ActiveCell If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xCount = Val(InputBox("How many cells do you want to select diagonally?", "KuTools For Excel")) If xCount = 0 Then Exit Sub For I = 1 To (xCount - 1) Set xRg = Union(xRg, ActiveCell.Offset(I, I)) Next I xRg.Select End Sub
3. Press F5 key and a dialog pops out to remind you to select cells, type the number of diagonal cells you want to select in the textbox.
4. Click OK. The diagonal cells in the selection have been selected.
Then you can highlight the cells with the background color.
Select Cells with Error Value (quickly select non-blank cells from a selection or whole sheet.）
- How to conditional formatting values not between two numbers in Excel?
- How to highlight the duplicates and overlapping dates in Excel?