How to select and highlight diagonal cells in Excel?
In Excel, we usually need to select multiples cells, but have you ever tried to select and highlight the diagonal cells in a range? In this article, I will introduce a VBA coed to quickly select diagonal cells for you.
To select diagonal cells, you can use a macro code.
1. Select the cell you want to start the diagonal selection and press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module and paste below code to the script.
VBA: Select diagonal cells
Sub selectDiag() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20171128 Dim I As Long Dim xCount As Long Dim xRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xRg = ActiveCell If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xCount = Val(InputBox("How many cells do you want to select diagonally?", "KuTools For Excel")) If xCount = 0 Then Exit Sub For I = 1 To (xCount - 1) Set xRg = Union(xRg, ActiveCell.Offset(I, I)) Next I xRg.Select End Sub
3. Press F5 key and a dialog pops out to remind you to select cells, type the number of diagonal cells you want to select in the textbox.
4. Click OK. The diagonal cells in the selection have been selected.
Then you can highlight the cells with the background color.
- How to conditional formatting values not between two numbers in Excel?
- How to highlight the duplicates and overlapping dates in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!