How to use shortcut to remove duplicates in Excel column or row?
In Excel, the Remove Duplicates utility can help you to remove duplicates in a column, but do you know how to use shortcut to remove duplicates in Excel column or row? Remove duplicates by shortcut.
Actually, there is no simple shortcut to directly remove duplicates, but if you want to only use the keyboard to remove duplicates, it also can finish the job.
1. press Ctrl + Space to select the whole column of the active cell. (Press Shift + Space to select the whole row.)
2. press Alt to display the shortcuts of each tab group, and press A which indicates the Data tab, and then press M to enable the Remove Duplicates dialog. see screenshot:
Note: If your data contains several columns, the Remove Duplicates Warding dialog box will pop out as below screenshot shown. Please press Tab key to move the cursor on the Remove Duplicates button, and press Enter key.
3. Then use Tab key to move the cursor on OK button in the Remove Duplicates dialog, press Enter key twice to remove the duplicates in the dialog.
quickly select duplicate or unique values in an Excel range
|In Excel sheet, if you have a range which includes some duplicate rows, you may need to select them or outstanding them, but how can quickly solve this job？If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility to quickly select the duplicate ones or unique values in the range, or fill background and font color for the duplicates and unique values. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!