To conditional formatting cells ending with a string, please do as these:
1. Select the cells you want to highlight, click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule. See screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format in Select a Rule Type section, type this formula =COUNTIF(A1,"*us") into Format values where this formula is true textbox, and click Format to select one type format for the cells in the Format Cells dialog.
3. Click OK > OK, now the cells ending with “us” without case insensitive have been conditional formatted.
Note: in the formula, A1 is the first cell of the range you want to conditional formatting in.
Highlight cells ending with s string by Find and Replace (in case sensitive)
If you want to find the cells in case sensitive, you can use Find and Replace function.
1. Select the cells you use, press Ctrl + F to enable the Find and Replace function.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, type the string you want to find in the Find what text box, ???US means to find cells ending with US while the strings are in 5-digit characters, click Options to expand the dialog, check Matchcase. See screenshot:
3. Click Find All. Now all the matched cells have been listed in the bottom of the dialog. Holding the Ctrl key, you can select all matched results by clicking them one by one. See screenshot:
4. Close the Find and Replace dialog, then the matched cells have been selected, click Home > Fill Color to select one color as you need.
In some cases, you may have a range of calues with multiple colors, and what you want is to count/sum values based on same color, how can you quickly calculate? With Kutools for Excel's Count by Color, you can quickly do many calculations by color, and also can generate a report of the calculated result.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.