How to create 3D reference to sum same range across multiple sheets in Excel?
To sum a range of numbers is easy for most of Excel users, but do you know how to create 3D reference to sum the same range of multiple sheets as below screenshot was shown? In this article, I will introduce the steps on this job.
To create 3D reference to sum same range across sheet, it’s very easy.
Select a cell which you will place the result at, type this formula =SUM(Jan:Dec!B1), Jan and Dec are the first and last sheets you need to sum across, B1 is the same cell you sum, press Enter key.
1. You also can sum the same range across sheets by changing the cell reference to a range reference =SUM(Jan:Dec!B1:B3).
2. You also can use named range to sum same range across sheets as below:
Click Formulas > Define Name to enable the New Name dialog.
In the New Name dialog, give the range a name, type this =‘Jan:Dec’!B1 into the Refers to textbox, and click OK.
In a blank cell, type this formula =SUM(SumTotal) (SUMTotal is the specified named range you defined in the last step) to get the result.
If you want to list the same cell across sheets in a workbook, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Dynamically Refer to Worksheets.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. In a new sheet, select B1, which cell you want to extract from each sheet, click Kutools > More > Dynamically Refer to Worksheets.
2. In the Fill Worksheets References dialog, select one order you want to fill the cells, click to lock the formula, then choose the sheets you use to extract the same cell from. See screenshot:
3. Click Fill Range and close the dialog. Now the value in the Cell B1 of each sheet has been listed in the active sheet, then you can do calculations as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!