How to remove non-highlighted cells in Excel?
In Excel, sometimes we may highlight the cells which contain important information, while removing non-highlighted cells. But, how can you quickly remove the cells without highlighted color? In this article, you may find the answer.
With the Filter function in Excel, you can filter out the rows without filled color, and then deleted the rows.
1. Select the data range including column headers, and click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
2. Click on one of the filter icons, and click Filter by Color > No Fill. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Then only the rows without filled color have been filtered out.
4. Select the cells, press Delete key to remove the rows’ contents.
If you want to remove multiple non-highlighted cells in a range of cells, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Format utility to select all non-highlighted cells, then remove them.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select all cells in the range you use, and click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Format.
2. In the Select Cells with Format dialog, click Choose Format From Cell to select a cell which is non-highlighted. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, and all formats of the selected cell have been listed in the dialog, check Background Color only in Fill section. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok > Yes, all non-highlighted cells have been selected. Press Delete key to remove them.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!