How to remove non-highlighted cells in Excel?
In Excel, sometimes we may highlight the cells which contain important information, while removing non-highlighted cells. But, how can you quickly remove the cells without highlighted color? In this article, you may find the answer.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the Filter function in Excel, you can filter out the rows without filled color, and then deleted the rows.
1. Select the data range including column headers, and click Data > Filter. See screenshot:
2. Click on one of the filter icons, and click Filter by Color > No Fill. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Then only the rows without filled color have been filtered out.
4. Select the cells, press Delete key to remove the rows’ contents.
If you want to remove multiple non-highlighted cells in a range of cells, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Select Cells with Format utility to select all non-highlighted cells, then remove them.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select all cells in the range you use, and click Kutools > Select > Select Cells with Format.
2. In the Select Cells with Format dialog, click Choose Format From Cell to select a cell which is non-highlighted. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, and all formats of the selected cell have been listed in the dialog, check Background Color only in Fill section. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok > Yes, all non-highlighted cells have been selected. Press Delete key to remove them.