How to Add New Worksheets with Customized Names in Excel?
As a company cashier, I always suffer with such kind of operations. When creating a series of new worksheets with customized names, I have no idea but have to add several new sheets and then rename them separately. It is a common issue that always puzzles people in dealing with Excel files every day.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Are there any faster ways to make this repetitive operation simple? Of course many advanced users can use macro or VBA to achieve it, but not all the users understand the codes. Actually, other than the codes, there are many available tools, and here I recommend the utility Create Sequence Worksheets in Kutools for Excel.
When installing Kutools for Excel, you may see new tabs “Kutools”and "Enterprise" adding in the ribbon. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools >Create Sequence Worksheets. See screenshot:
Of course there are several options to customize the new sheets’ names based on Month, Day, numeric order and so on. Here I will emphasize on the function for users to create new sheets with the customized group of names.
Click the Custom List in the pop up window, and then you may get a list pane in the right part of it. You can create a list of the sheet names and apply the customized names to the new-added sheets. And you can create the worksheet names in current workbook or new workbook.
To create a list of the sheet names, you should click button to add customized names, and input the names in the pop up dialog box. Just input the names you want separately and use the slash mark to split them. When you have made the list successfully, click OK, and then the list will be added into the list pane. You can create several lists for different workbooks. See screenshot:
The advantage of using the Create Sequence Worksheets is that, you can make a sequence list of sheet names based on the needs without repetitive renaming after adding new sheets. It is a great tool for users to improve working efficiency and help save much time.