In general, it’s easy to add two data series in one chart in Excel. But now, you need to add only one data point in an existing line chart in Excel, how to solve this problem? Below solution will ease your work.
For example, you have created a line chart in Excel as below screenshot shown. You can add a single data point in the line chart as follows:
1. Beside the source data, type the specified data point you will add in the chart. See screenshot:
2. Right-click the line chart, and click Select Data from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Data Source dialog box, please click the Add button in the Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshot:
4. Now the Edit Series dialog box comes out. Please (1) name the single data point in the Series name box, (2) specify the whole column including the single data point as Series values, and (3) click the OK button successively to close both dialog boxes. See screenshot:
5. Go ahead to right-click the line in the chart, and select Change Series Chart Type from the context menu. See screenshot:
6. In the Change Chart Type dialog box, under the All Charts tab, please click Line in the left bar, click Line with Markers icon, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you are using Excel 2010 or earlier versions, please right click the chart and select Change Chart Type from the context menu, and then click to select the Line with Markers icon in the popping out dialog box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the single data point is added to the line chart. See screenshot:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!