How to add a single data point in an Excel line chart?
In general, it’s easy to add two data series in one chart in Excel. But now, you need to add only one data point in an existing line chart in Excel, how to solve this problem? Below solution will ease your work.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For example, you have created a line chart in Excel as below screenshot shown. You can add a single data point in the line chart as follows:
1. Beside the source data, type the specified data point you will add in the chart. See screenshot:
2. Right-click the line chart, and click Select Data from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Data Source dialog box, please click the Add button in the Legend Entries (Series) section. See screenshot:
4. Now the Edit Series dialog box comes out. Please (1) name the single data point in the Series name box, (2) specify the whole column including the single data point as Series values, and (3) click the OK button successively to close both dialog boxes. See screenshot:
5. Go ahead to right-click the line in the chart, and select Change Series Chart Type from the context menu. See screenshot:
6. In the Change Chart Type dialog box, under the All Charts tab, please click Line in the left bar, click Line with Markers icon, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: If you are using Excel 2010 or earlier versions, please right click the chart and select Change Chart Type from the context menu, and then click to select the Line with Markers icon in the popping out dialog box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the single data point is added to the line chart. See screenshot: