How to concatenate columns with Alt + Enter in Excel?
Let’s say you have a list of data in Excel, but now you want to concatenate the list with separating by Alt + Enter, how could you handle it? Here I will share two solutions to solve this problem.
Concatenate columns with Alt + Enter by formula
This method will guide you to concatenate data in each column with the Alt + Enter by a formula in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select a blank cell you will place the concatenation result, type the formula =A1 & CHAR(10) & A2 & CHAR(10) & A3, and drag the AutoFill Handle right to other cells as you need.
Note: In the formula =A1 & CHAR(10) & A2 & CHAR(10) & A3, A1, A2, and A3 are cells you will concatenate.
2. Keep the formula cell selected, and click Home > Wrap Text.
Now you will see each column is concatenated with Alt + Enter. See screenshot:
Concatenate columns with Alt + Enter by Kutools for Excel
With Kutools for Excel’s excellent Combine feature, you can also concatenate data in each column with Alt + Enter by several clicks in Excel. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Free Trial Now!
1. Select the columns you will concatenate, and click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, please:
(1) Check Combine rows option in the To combine selected cells according to following options section;
(2) Check the New line option in the Specify a separator section;
(3) Check one of options as you need in the Options section. In my case, I check the Delete contents of combined cells option;
(4) Click the Ok button.
Now you will see data in each column is concatenated with Alt + Enter. See screenshot:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!