How to concatenate columns with Alt + Enter in Excel?
Let’s say you have a list of data in Excel, but now you want to concatenate the list with separating by Alt + Enter, how could you handle it? Here I will share two solutions to solve this problem.
- Concatenate columns with Alt + Enter by formula
- Concatenate columns with Alt + Enter by Kutools for Excel
This method will guide you to concatenate data in each column with the Alt + Enter by a formula in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select a blank cell you will place the concatenation result, type the formula =A1 & CHAR(10) & A2 & CHAR(10) & A3, and drag the AutoFill Handle right to other cells as you need.
Note: In the formula =A1 & CHAR(10) & A2 & CHAR(10) & A3, A1, A2, and A3 are cells you will concatenate.
2. Keep the formula cell selected, and click Home > Wrap Text.
Now you will see each column is concatenated with Alt + Enter. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s excellent Combine feature, you can also concatenate data in each column with Alt + Enter by several clicks in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the columns you will concatenate, and click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, please:
(1) Check Combine rows option in the To combine selected cells according to following options section;
(2) Check the New line option in the Specify a separator section;
(3) Check one of options as you need in the Options section. In my case, I check the Delete contents of combined cells option;
(4) Click the Ok button.
Now you will see data in each column is concatenated with Alt + Enter. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!