How to increase a number automatically when workbook is opened?
If you want to increase a number cell by 1 automatically when you open the workbook each time, of course, you can add 1 manually. But, is there any better method to add 1 for the number automatically when opening the Excel document?
The following simple VBA code may help you to add 1 for the number cell automatically when the workbook is opened each time, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Project-VBAProject pane, double-click ThisWorkbook to open the Module, then, copy and paste the below code into the module, see screenshot:
VBA code: Increase a number automatically when the workbook is opened:
Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2") = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2") + 1 End Sub
Note: In the above code, Sheet1 and A2 are the sheet and cell which contains the number you want to increase automatically. Please change them to your need.
3. Then you should save the Excel file as Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook format, see screenshot:
From now on, when you open this specific workbook, the number in cell A2 in Sheet1will be added 1 automatically.
Note: This code is only applied to the number cell.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!