How to split cell into columns in Google Sheet?
In Excel, you can easily split cell into columns with the Text to Columns function, but in Google sheet, you can apply a simple formula to handle the same job.
If you want to split a single cell to columns, you can select a cell which you will place the result, type this formula =SPLIT(A1," ") (A1 is the cell you split, “ “ is the separator you split based on), and press Enter key. Now the cell has been split. Drag fill handle down to the cells which needed to be split.
In Excel, the Text to Columns function can split cell into columns, but the steps are a little boring and tedious. With the Split Cells feature of Kutools for Excel, you can split cell into columns or rows quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you want to split, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells.
2. In the Split Cells dialog, select the type you need, and specify the separator you will split based on. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to select a cell to output the result.
4. Click OK, then the cells have been split into rows or columns as you need.
|Split to rows||Split to columns|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!