How to import and connect a website in Excel?
Have you ever tried to import a website into a sheet and keep changing as the website changes in Excel? Here, I introduce how to deal with this job in an Excel sheet.
Easily Combine multiple sheets/Workbook into one Single sheet or Workbook
|To combinne multiples sheets or workbooks into one sheet or workbook may be edious in Excel, but with the Combine function in Kutools for Excel, you can combine merge dozens of sheets/workbooks into one sheet or workbook, also, you can consolidate the sheets into one by several clicks only. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To import and connect a website in an Excel sheet, you can do as these:
1. Click Data > From Web.
2. Then in the New Web Query dialog, type the website address you want to import into Address textbox, and click Go to display the website.
3. Click Import, and the Import Data dialog pops out for selecting a cell or a new sheet to place the webpage content. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now all webpage content excluding images have been imported in the sheet.
5. Then select the whole worksheet, and then click Data > Properties in the Connections group. See screenshot:
6. In the External Data Range Properties dialog, check the options as you need in Refresh control section and click OK.
7. Also you can refresh the sheet contents by manually clicking on Refresh All > Refresh All/Refresh.