How to import and connect a website in Excel?
Have you ever tried to import a website into a sheet and keep changing as the website changes in Excel? Here, I introduce how to deal with this job in an Excel sheet.
To import and connect a website in an Excel sheet, you can do as these:
1. Click Data > From Web.
2. Then in the New Web Query dialog, type the website address you want to import into Address textbox, and click Go to display the website.
3. Click Import, and the Import Data dialog pops out for selecting a cell or a new sheet to place the webpage content. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now all webpage content excluding images have been imported in the sheet.
5. Then select the whole worksheet, and then click Data > Properties in the Connections group. See screenshot:
6. In the External Data Range Properties dialog, check the options as you need in Refresh control section and click OK.
7. Also you can refresh the sheet contents by manually clicking on Refresh All > Refresh All/Refresh.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!