How to multiply hours and minutes by an hourly rate in Excel?
Supposing, you have a list of time cells that indicate the worked hours and minutes in Column A, and Column B contains the hourly rate, now, you want to calculate the payment based on hours and rate as following screenshot shown. This article, I will talk about how to calculate the payment with worked hour and rate in Excel.
The following simple formula may help you to calculate the payment based on the hour and rate, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =A2*B2*24 into a blank cell to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to fill this formula, see screenshot:
2. Then you should change the formatting of the formula cells to general formatting, click General from the General drop down list under the Home tab, now, you will get the correct results as you need, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 16 days agoThank you so much! Very helpful!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoWhat is the *24 in the formula of A!*B1*24?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months ago24 is the hours