How to convert traditional Chinese to simplified Chinese or vice versa in Excel?
Supposing you have a column list contains traditional Chinese and want to convert them to simplified Chinese as below screenshot shown. How to achieve it? This article will show you a method to convert traditional Chinese to simplified Chinese or vice versa in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can try the below method to convert traditional Chinese to simplified Chinese or vice versa in Excel.
1. Select the cell contains the traditional Chinese or simplified Chinese word you need to convert, then click Review > Translate. See screenshot:
2. In the following Translate Selected Text dialog box, click the Yes button.
3. Then a Research pane display on the right side in the worksheet, please select Chinese (Taiwan) from the From drop-down list, select Chinese (PRC) from the To drop-down list, and then click the Insert button. For converting simplified Chinese to traditional Chinese, just exchange these two options. See screenshot shown.
Now the selected traditional Chinese cell has been converted to simplified Chinese. Please repeat the above steps to convert other traditional Chinese cells to simplified Chinese one by one.