How to conditional formatting duplicate cells in a column in Google sheet?
In Excel, the Conditional Formatting feature can help you to highlight duplicate values quickly and easily. But, how could you highlight the duplicate cells in a column in Google sheet?
There is also a Conditional formatting feature in Google sheet, with it, you can highlight the duplicate cells at once, please do as follows:
1. Click Format > Conditional formatting, see screenshot:
2. In the Conditional format rules pane, please do the following operations:
(1.) Select the column data that you want to highlight the duplicate values in the Apply to range text box;
(2.) In the Format cells if section, choose Custom formula is from the drop down list, and enter this formula: =countif(A:A,A1)>1 into the text box;
(3.) At last, select a formatting from the Formatting style section.
(4.) Then, you can see all the duplicate cells have been highlighted at once.
To highlight duplicate cells in Excel workbook, the Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplictae & Unique Cells utility can help you to solve this job.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the column data that you want to highlight duplicates, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplictae & Unique Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select Duplicate (Except 1st one) or All duplicates (Including 1st one) as you need in the Rule section, then choose one background color under the Processing of results section to shade the duplicate cells, and then, click Ok button, and all duplicate cells have been highlighted as following screenshot shown:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago=countifs(A:A;A1)>1
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHola, estoy buscando la forma de buscar un duplicado desde otra pestaña en una misma hoja.. es posible, me puedes ayudar?