How to split a cell vertically in Google sheet?
In Google sheet, we can quickly split a cell into multiple columns horizontally by using the Split text to columns feature. But, have you ever tried to split a cell into multiple rows vertically as following screenshot shown?
Actually, here is a simple formula, which can help you to split a cell vertically in Google sheet, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =TRANSPOSE(SPLIT(A1,",")) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then press Enter key. The data in cell A1 has been split into multiple rows as following screenshot shown:
Note: In the above formula, you should change the comma to your own delimiter.
If you want to split a cell into multiple rows in Excel worksheet, Kutools for Excel’s Split Cells feature can do you a favor.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the cell which you want to split vertically, and then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out Split Cells dialog box, select Split to Rows option from the Type section, and then enter the comma separator into the Other text box, see screenshot:
Note: If your cell value is separated by other delimiter, please choose your own one.
3. Then click Ok button, and a prompt box is popped out, please select a cell to locate the result, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button, the cell value has been split into multiple rows vertically at once, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!