How to convert date to different or specific format in Excel?
If you want to convert the standard date to other date formats in Excel, how can you do? Here, I have three methods that can solve this job.
In Excel, you can convert date to other date format in the Format Cells function.
1. Select the dates you want to convert, right click to select Format Cells from context menu.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Date from Category list, and then select one format you want to convert to from the right section.
3. Click the OK button to apply the new format.
If you want to use formula to convert date to year/month/day only, you can do as below:
Convert date to year =TEXT(A1,"yyyy")
Convert date to month =TEXT(A1,"mm")
Convert date to day =TEXT(A1,"dd")
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Apply Date Formatting function will do you a big favor.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the dates you want to convert format, and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting.
2. In the popping out dialog, select the date format you need from left pane, and preview in right section.
3. Click Ok or Apply to convert the dates.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)