How to convert date to different or specific format in Excel?
If you want to convert the standard date to other date formats in Excel, how can you do? Here, I have three methods that can solve this job.
quickly convert multiple XLSX. files to XLS or PDF. files in once time
|In many cases, you may want to convert between XLSX and XLS, or convert a workbook to PDF file, but in Excel, you only can convert one workbook once time, have you ever imaged to convert multiple workbooks at once time? With Kutools for Excel's File Format Converter, you can quickly convert multiple workbook to pdf/97-2003 workbook/2007 or higher workbook at once and save them in a folder, at the same time, a converted report is generated! Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
In Excel, you can convert date to other date format in the Format Cells function.
1. Select the dates you want to convert, right click to select Format Cells from context menu.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Date from Category list, and then select one format you want to convert to from the right section.
3. Click the OK button to apply the new format.
If you want to use formula to convert date to year/month/day only, you can do as below:
Convert date to year =TEXT(A1,"yyyy")
Convert date to month =TEXT(A1,"mm")
Convert date to day =TEXT(A1,"dd")
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Apply Date Formatting function will do you a big favor.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the dates you want to convert format, and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting.
2. In the popping out dialog, select the date format you need from left pane, and preview in right section.
3. Click Ok or Apply to convert the dates.