How to copy current cell address to other location in Excel?
In Excel, you can copy the contents of the current cell easily with the shortcuts or context menu, but how could you copy the current cell address to other location？
Here is a formula that can get current cell address in Excel.
Select a cell which you will place the cell address, type this formula =ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()),then the current cell address has been displayed.
Then press Ctrl + C to copy it and right click a cell to select paste it as value.
Here is the VBA code that can copy the cell address then paste it into another cell.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the script.
VBA：Copy and paste cell address
Sub AddressCopy() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180307 Dim xSRg As Range Dim xDRg As Range On Error Resume Next Set xSRg = Application.InputBox("Select cell(s) to copy its address:", "KuTools for Excel", Selection.Address, , , , , 8) If xSRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Set xDRg = Application.InputBox("Select a cell to paste:", "KuTools for Excel", , , , , , 8) If xDRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub xDRg(1).Value = xSRg.Address End Sub
3. Press F5 key, a dialog pops out for select the cell you want to copy its address.
4. Click OK, select a cell to paste the cell address.
5. Click OK.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!