How to go back to previous save version in Excel?
In some times, we may accidently close the workbook without saving, so how can we go back to the previous saved version while opening it next time in Excel? In this article, I introduce some tricks that may do a favor for solving this job.
In Excel, if you do not save the workbook but accidently close it, you can use the Recover function to go back to the previous saved version.
Enable the Excel, then you can see the Document Recovery pane in the left of the Excel workbook, click at the version you want to recover from the pane, then it will open the relative workbook with last saved version.
Sometimes, it will save your time by taking a snapshot of the current workbook for backing up a temporal copy of it in your Excel, if you need to go back to the previous version of your current workbook while editing the workbook. Kutools for Excel's Track Snap feature can help you temporally backup the workbook at any time and recover your workbook to any backup versions with one click in Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. click Kutools > Snap > Track Snap to take a snapshot of the current version of the active workbook.
2. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog to give the snap a name.
3. click Ok. Then before you closing or saving the workbook, you can go back to any version you have taken snap in the snap list with a click.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!