How to add comma between every single number in a cell of Excel?
If there is a string of numbers in a cell without any separators, how can you add comma or other characters between every single number for splitting them as below screenshot shown? In this article, I introduce a handy tool – Kutools for Excel, its Add Text function can quickly handle it in Excel.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Add Text function to add the same character(s) at the front/end of each cell, or to a specific position of each cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you use, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog, type the separator you use into the Text box, and check Only add to option, choose 1st character is number from the below drop-down list.
3. Click Ok. Now the commas are added in the front at every single number.
If you want to remove the first comma in each cell, select cells and click Kutools > Text > Remove by Position.
Then type 1 into the Numbers textbox, and check From left.
Click Ok, now the result is as shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!