How to quickly add comma between words in Excel?
Supposing there are some words which are separated by space in a cell, now you want to add comma between these words as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly handle it without adding one by one in Excel? I have two methods that can handle it.
With Find and Replace function can quickly find the spaces which between words and replace with space following commas.
1. Select the cells you want to add comma between words, press Ctrl + H to enable Find and Replace function.
2. Then in the Find what textbox, type spacebar to enter a space into it, go to the Replace with textbox, type spacebar once time and press , into it.
3. Click Replace All, all spaces have been replaced with space + comma.
4. Click OK > Close to exit the Find and Replace function.
If you do not want to change the original data, maybe you can try SUBSTITUTE function.
Select a cell which you will place result in, type this =SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(A1)," ",", ") into it, press Enter key, and drag fill handle down to apply the formula to cells you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!