How to compare two lists of email addresses in Excel worksheet?
Supposing, there are two lists of Email addresses in a worksheet, now, you would like to find out the Email addresses that exist both in two Email columns. If an Email address in column B which also exists in column A, the text "Match Found" will be displayed next to the corresponding email address in column C as following screenshot shown. This article, I will talk about some useful methods to solve this job in Excel.
The following formula can help you find out the Email addresses which both in Column A and Column B, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula in a blank cell where will output the result: =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$10,B2)>0, "Match Found",""), and then drag the fill handle down to the cells to get the results.
2. If the Email address in column B exists in column A, a Match Found text is displayed next to the corresponding email address in column C, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Select Same & Different Cells feature, you can quickly select the same Email addresses which locate in both columns.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the two columns that you want to compare and find the same Email addresses, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Same & Different Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Select Same & Different Cells dialog box, please do the following operations:
(1.) Check My data has headers if there are headers in your selected data;
(2.) Then select Each row from the Based on section;
(3.) And then select Same values from the Find section;
(4.) At last, you can choose one background or font color to highlight the selected cells as you need under the Processing of results section.
3. And then click Ok button, the same Email addresses which exist in two lists have been selected and highlighted in Column A, see screenshot: