How to add quotes around numbers or text in Excel?
You may have added same text in the front or end of cells before, but, do you know how to add quotes around numbers or texts as below screenshot shown? In this article, I introduce some ways to quickly deal with this job.
add same text to a specific location of each cell in Excel
|How could you add text or characters to the beginning of multiple cells, or add text or characters to the end of cells or insert text or characters between existing text? With Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly apply the following operations: . Click for full-featured free trial in 60 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in full future 60 days.|
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
If you have a list with numbers and texts, but you just want to add quotes around texts only, you can apply the Format Cells function.
1. Select the data range, right click to display context menu, select Format Cells.
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Custom from the Category list, and then type "''"@"''" into the Type textbox.
3. Click OK. Now only the texts are added quotes around.
Note: The number cells will be changed to text format.
If you want to add quotes around cells whatever are texts or numbers, you can apply some formulas.
Select a cell next to the cells you want to add quotes around, then apply one of the following formulas:
Drag fill handle to fill formula to the cells you need.
If you do not want to use formulas to handle this job, you can try Kutools for Excel’s Add Text utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select data and click Kutools > Text > Add Text.
2. In the Add Text dialog, type “ into the Text box, then check Before first character option.
3. Click Apply to add front quote into cells. Then type ” into the Text box, check After last character option.
4. Click Ok to apply and close the utility.