How to mass delete specific word in Excel?
While working with Microsoft Excel, you may have tried to delete specific word from a selected range at once. Actually, Excel provides a Find and Replace function to solve this problem at ease.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Find and Replace function helps to quickly mass delete specific word in a range. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range with the specific word you need to mass delete, press the Ctrl + F keys to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the opening Find and Replace dialog, click the Replace tab, enter the specific word you will delete in the Find what box, keep the Replace with box empty, and then click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. Then a Microsoft Excel dialog pops out to tell you how many replacements it made. Please click the OK button and then close the Find and Replace dialog box.
Then you can see the words “version” are deleted from selected range at once.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 20 days agoSolved my problem. Thanks, you've saved hours of my time