How to calculate days left until deadline in Excel?
If you have a list of deadline date, now, you want to calculate the days left from today until deadline, how could you solve this job in Excel worksheet?
To get the days left until deadline date, please apply the below formulas:
1. Enter this formula: =A2-TODAY() into a blank cell where you want to put the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to get the calculation, see screenshot:
2. Then you should format the result cell formatting as general, please click General from the Number Format drop down list under the Home tab, see screenshot:
Note: If the deadline date before today, negative numbers will be displayed. If you want to ignore the negative numbers and show 0, please apply this formula: =MAX(0,A2-TODAY()).
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!