How to find the first duplicate value in Excel column?
Here is a list with some duplicate names, can you find all first duplicate values from the list except looking up one by one manually? Actually, I have a formula can quickly identify the first duplicate values in Excel list.
Please use below formula to find the first duplicate value in the list.
Press Enter key, drag fill handle down to fill this formula to cells.
If you want to find all duplicate values but excluding the first duplicate, in this case, you can apply the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility of Kutools for Excel to handle the job.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the list you want to find duplicates except first one, click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells.
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog, check Duplicates (Except 1st one) option, you also can change the Fill backcolor and Fill font color to highlight the duplicate values.
3. Click Ok, a dialog pops out to remind you the number of selected items, click OK to close it.
Now the duplicates except first one have been selected and highlighted.
|In Excel, if there are two tables in a sheet or two sheets needed to be compared, generally, you will compare one row by one manually. But if you have Kutools for Excel's Select Same & Different Cells utility, you can quickly find the same rows or different rows, and, also, you can highlight them with background color or font color as you need. Free trial for 30-days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!