How to convert html to text in cells in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, if numbers of html tags existing in your worksheet cells, how could you convert them to plain text in Excel? This article will show you two methods to remove all html tags from cells in Excel.
You can convert all html to texts in cells with the Find and Replace function in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cells you will convert all html to texts, and press the Ctrl + F keys to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, go to the Replace tab, enter <*> into the Find what box, keep the Replace with box empty, and click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. Then a Microsoft Excel dialog box pops up to tell you how many html tags have been replaced, click the OK button and close the Find and Replace dialog box.
Then you can see all html tags are removed from selected cells as below screenshot shown.
Besides, you can convert all html to text in the whole worksheet at the same time with the below VBA code.
1. Open the worksheet contains html you will convert to text, then press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module, then copy below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Convert html to text in the whole worksheet
Sub RemoveHTMLTags() 'Update by Extendoffice 20180703 Dim xRg As Range Dim xCell As Range Dim xStr As String Dim xRegEx As RegExp Dim xMatch As Match Dim xMatches As MatchCollection Set xRegEx = New RegExp Application.EnableEvents = False Set xRg = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) With xRegEx .Global = True .Pattern = "<(""[^""]*""|'[^']*'|[^'"">])*>" End With For Each xCell In xRg xStr = xCell.Value Set xMatches = xRegEx.Execute(xCell.Text) For Each xMatch In xMatches xStr = Replace(xStr, xMatch.Value, "") Next xCell.Value = xStr Next Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub
3. Still in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Tools > References, check the Microsoft VBScript Regular Expression 5.5 option in the References-VBAProject dialog box, and then click the OK button.
4. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run the code.
Then all html tags are removed from the whole worksheet immediately.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agocompile error: User defined type not defined
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks for that sub routine - just the job!