How to hide worksheets or all inactive worksheets in Excel?
When you open a workbook with numbers of worksheets, the sheets tab cannot show all of the sheets. And if you just need to work with one or several sheets of them, it will be time-cost to switch them from lots of sheets. However, if you can hide the other inactive sheets and just keep the selected sheet showed, the work will be much easier. The article introduces three ways to hide all inactive worksheets in Excel.
- Hide worksheets with right click in Excel
- Hide worksheet by applying Format in Excel
- Hide all inactive worksheet with Kutools for Excel by a click
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Step 1. Put the cursor on the worksheet which you want to hide, and right click. See screenshot:
Step 2. Select Hide, it will hide the worksheet. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to hide multiple worksheet, you may have to hold down Ctrl to select all of them first.
Step 1. To hide all inactive worksheets, you may have to hold down Ctrl key to select all inactive worksheets first.
Step 2. On the Home tab, click on Format in the Cells group. Under Visibility, select Hide/Unhide, then Hide Sheet. See screenshot:
Note: Hiding inactive worksheets is not as simple as it can be while there are hundreds of inactive sheets need to be hided. You may have to click the mouse for hundreds of times for selecting all of them. If you would like to get an easier way, please make it according to the procedures that the Kutools for Excel provides.
The third party add-in Kutools for Excel can help hide inactive worksheets with one click. With the Hide Not-Selected Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel, you can hide all inactive worksheets in the workbook by a click.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can apply Hide Not-Selected Sheets to quickly hide all inactive worksheets by a click.
Please apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide Not-Selected Sheets. See screenshot:
Step 1. Select the worksheets you need to keep unhide.
Step 2. Apply Hide Not-Selected Sheets, and it will hide all not-selected sheets at once. See screenshot:
Note: You also can select multiple worksheets by pressing Ctrl before apply Hide Not-Selected Sheets, it will keep all the selected sheets unhide.
For more detailed information on Hide Not-Selected Sheets, please go to Hide Not-Selected Sheets.