How to filter all cells with line break or carriage return in Excel?
Normally, you may press Alt + Enter keys to wrap the cell contents to multiple lines within a cell, but, how could you filter all cells with these line break characters in Excel?
The following steps can help you to filter all cells which contain the line break characters, please do as this:
1. Double click the cell which below the column data that you want to filter, and then press Alt + Enter keys to input a single line break, see screenshot:
2. Then click the first cell of the column that you want to filter, and then click Data > Filter, then click the drop down arrow to select Text Filters > Custom Filter, see screenshot:
3. In the popped out Custom AutoFilter dialog box, select contains from the drop down list in Text String section, and then choose blank row which contains the line break you are created at the adjacentt the drop down, see screenshot:
4. Then choose And option, and go on selecting does not equal from the second drop down list, then choose the blank row again from the drop down, see screenshot:
5. Click OK button, and all cells with line break characters have been filtered out as following screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...