How to open an excel file by using browse window?
It may be easy and quick for you to open an excel file from a browse window when dealing with a workbook instead of minimizing the activated workbook to choose and open another workbook. This tutorial will talk about how to open an excel file by using browse window in Excel workbook.
To open an Excel workbook by using browse window, the following VBA code can help you, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Open Excel workbook by using browse window:
Sub OpenNewBox() Dim xFilePath As String Dim xObjFD As FileDialog Set xObjFD = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) With xObjFD .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Add "Excel Files", "*.xls; *.xlsx; *.xlsm; *.xlsb", 1 .Show If .SelectedItems.Count > 0 Then xFilePath = .SelectedItems.Item(1) Else Exit Sub End If End With Workbooks.Open xFilePath End Sub
3. After pasting above code, press F5 key to run this code, and the Browse window is displayed, then select an Excel workbook you want to open, and then click OK button, see screenshot:
4. And the specific workbook will be opened immediately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!