How to quickly insert space between each row in Excel?
In Excel，you can use the right click menu to select a row above active row, but do you know how to insert blank rows in each row as below screenshot shown? Here I introduce some tricks on solving this job quickly.
To insert blank rows between each row, you can fill a series of numbers twice firstly, then sort the numbers.
1. In adjacent number, fill a series of numbers to match the row number.
2. Copy the series numbers, and paste them in the cell following the last number.
2. Select all series numbers, click Data > Sort Smallest to Largest.
3. In the popping Sort Warning dialog, keep Expand the selection option checked, click Sort.
Now the spaces have been inserted between each row. You can remove the series number column later.
If you are familiar with macro code, here is a code also can help you.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, then copy and paste below code to the module.
VAB: Insert space between rows
Sub RowsInsertInSelectCells() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180801 Dim xWS As Worksheet Dim xCR, xR, xCC, xC, xFC, xFR As Long Dim xFNum As Integer Dim xRg, xCRg As Range On Error Resume Next If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 0 Then xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal Else xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal End If Set xWS = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet Set xRg = Application.InputBox("please select the data range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If xRg.Count > 0 Then xCR = xRg.Rows.Count xCC = xRg.Columns.Count xR = xRg.Row xC = xRg.Column Application.ScreenUpdating = False For xFC = 0 To xCC - 1 For xFR = xCR To 1 Step -1 xWS.Cells(xR + xFR, xC + xFC).Insert Next Next xFC Application.ScreenUpdating = True End If End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, a dialog pops out to remind you to select the working data.
4. Click OK. Now the spaces have been inserted between selected rows.
If you want to insert blank rows or columns between each row or column quickly and easily, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Insert Blank Rows & Columns utility, which you can specify the interval of rows and number of blank rows as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
3. Click Ok.
|Inert blank rows between each row||Insert blank column between each column|
Tip: this utility supports undo Ctrl + Z.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!