How to return the previous working or business day in Excel?
Do you know how to return the previous working day excluding weekend and holidays based on today or a given date in Excel? The formula in this article will do you a favor.
As below screenshot shown, the range F2:F4 contains dates of holidays, you can return the previous working or business day excluding weekend and holiday based on today or given date with the following formula.
1. Select the cell you will return the previous working day, enter formula =WORKDAY(TODAY(),-1,F2:F4) into the Formula Bar and press the Enter key. Finally format the cell as date format. See screenshot:
1. In the formula, TODAY() indicates the previous working day based on today’s date. If you want to return the previous working day based on a given date, please replace the TODAY() with the cell reference which contains the given date.
2. The weekend will be excluded automatically with this formula.
2. Then you will get the previous working day excluding weekend and holidays based on today or a given date in Excel.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!