How to rename workbook in Excel?
This tutorial introduces handy tips for renaming workbook when you are using Microsoft Excel. This tutorial is applicable for Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
When you are using Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010, you can:
1. Press CTRL+O to display the Open dialog box.
2. In the Look in list, click the folder or drive that contains the workbook that you want to rename.
3. Locate and open the folder that contains the workbook that you want to rename.
4. Right-click the workbook that you want to rename, and then click Rename.
5. Type in the new workbook name, and press Enter.
Note: If the workbook you want to rename has been opened in Excel, you have to close it first for renaming it.
If you want to rename the current workbook in Excel, you can rename it in the Save as dialog box.
In Excel 2007: click Office icon > Save as, type in the new workbook name and save it.
In Excel 2003/2010: Click File > Save as, type in the new workbook name and save it.
With Office Tab or Office Tab Enterprise, you can comfortably rename the current workbook by Right click on the workbook tab and choose the Rename command item to rename it easily. See screenshot:
Note: the not yet saved document cannot be renamed by this command.
Use Tabbed Document Interface in Office 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/2019:
Using tabs in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Project and Visio;
Easy to switch back and forth between files in Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/2019;
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 30 days!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoNone of this information is any help to me! I need help for Excel on an iPad