How to navigate between cells in Excel?
We may need to switch between cells in Microsoft Excel frequently. This article discusses several easy methods that can help us navigate between difference cells in Excel quickly.
- Navigate to specific cells with Go To command in Excel
- Navigate to specific cells with names
- Navigate to specific cells with Navigation Pane of Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The Go To command will navigate us to any specific cell or cell ranges, only if you remember the position of a cell or cell range.
Firstly, open the Go To dialog box with clicking the Go To command item under Find & Select button, in Editing group under Home tab. You can also press F5 key to open this dialog box. See screenshot:
Secondly, enter the exact cells position in Reference. It can be a single cell address such as C13, or cell range as $C$143:$F$161;
After clicking the OK, it will locate the specific cell or cell ranges in worksheet.
If you have named cell range in current workbook, the names will be listed in the Go To dialog box. Pick out one of names, and click the OK, it will navigate the named cell range.
By using names, you can make formulas easier and more understandable. In addition, names can also help us skip to the named cell range immediately if you remember the names you defined.
Enter the exact name in the Name box on Formula Bar, and hold the Enter key, then it will locate the corresponding named cell range.
The Navigation Pane utility of Kutools for Excel can navigate us to the named cell range without remembering exact cell position or defined names in Excel.
The navigation pane inserted by Kutools for Excel lists all defined names of current workbook besides worksheets. See screenshot.
This tool makes it easy to navigate us through the whole workbook by the names. After clicking the one of names in the navigation pane, it will locate the corresponding named cell range in workbook at once.
The Kutools for Excel's Navigation Pane list all opened workbooks, and their worksheets, columns, and names within a pane besides worksheets, and make it easier for us to locate by sheets, columns, names, and workbooks.
For more detail information about Navigation pane, please go to Navigation Pane – List Sheets, Workbooks, Columns and Names in Excel.