Calculate running count of an occurrence in list with formula
As the below screenshot shown, you only want to calculate the running count of item “Banana” in the Fruit list, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (here I select B2) which is adjacent to the first cell (exclude the header cell) of the list, copy the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 is the first cell (exclude the header cell) of the list, “Banana” is the value you will calculate. You can change them based on your needs.
2. Select the result cell, drag the Fill Handle down to apply the formula to other cells. Then you will get the result as the below screenshot shown.
Calculate running count of every value in list with formula
If you want to calculate the running count of each value in the list in Excel, the formula in this section can help.
1. Also, you need to select a blank cell which is adjacent to the first cell (exclude the header cell) of the list.
2. Copy the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
3. Select the result cell, drag the Fill Handle down to apply the formula to other cells. Then you will get the result as the below screenshot shown.
Count duplicate values in a column in Excel If you have a list of data in a worksheet with unique values and duplicate values, and you do not only want to count the frequency of duplicate values also want to know the order of the occurrence of the duplicate values. In Excel, the COUNTIF function can help you count the duplicate values.
Countif with multiple criteria in Excel In Excel, COUNTIF function may help us to calculate the number of a certain value in a list. But sometimes, we need to use multiple criteria for counting, this will be more complex, today, I will talk about some items for counting with multiple criteria.
Count number of cells between two values or dates in Excel If you need to count cell numbers that contain specific values between two numbers or dates, the formula of the CountIf function can quickly help you. In this tutorial, we will show you details of counting number of cells that between two values or dates in Excel.
Count if cell contains text or part of text in Excel Supposing you have the below data, and want to count the number of cells which contain the text "Apple", number of cells contain the text "Orange" and cells contain "Peach" separately, how to get it done? In this tutorial, we explains the COUNTIF function in detail to help you quickly count the number of cells if they contain text or part of specific text in Excel. Besides, we introduce an awesome feature to acheive it easily with only clicks.