How to count number of cells between two values or dates in Excel?
If you need to count cell numbers that contain specific values between two numbers or dates, the formula of the CountIf function can quickly help you. In this tutorial, we will show you details of counting number of cells that between two values or dates in Excel.
Count cell numbers between two numbers with CountIf function
Count cell numbers between two dates with CountIf function
Count cell numbers between two values or dates with Kutools for Excel (without formula)
For example, you have a worksheet with the below numbers in the cell B2:B8, and you want to count the cell numbers that between number 75 and 90, please do as follows.
Counting cell numbers > X and < Y
If you want to count cell numbers between 75 and 90 but not including 75 and 90, you need to:
1. Select a blank cell which you want to put the counting result. Copy and paste the formula =COUNTIFS(B2:B8,">75", B2:B8,"<90") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
Then you can see the result of cell numbers displaying in the selected cell immediately.
Counting cell numbers >= X and <= Y
For counting cell numbers >=75 and <= 90, please use this formula =COUNTIFS(B2:B8,">=75", B2:B8,"<=90").
1. Select a blank cell for putting the counting result, copy and paste the above formula into the Formula Bar. Then press the Enter key. You will see the counting result showing in the selected cell.
Easily count number of cells between two values or dates in Excel:
Click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. The Kutools for Excel's Select Specific Cells utility helps you easily count and select cells between two values or dates in Excel.
Download the full feature 30-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now!
In this section, we are showing you how to count cell numbers between two dates based on cell reference.
For example the date range existing in cell A14:A20 in your worksheet, and you want to count the cell numbers based on cell B21 and B22, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell, copy and paste the formula =COUNTIFS(A14:A20,">="&B21,A14:A20,"<="&B22) into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key. See screenshot below.
Note: After copying and pasting the formula above, you need to change the cell range and the values manually for your own needs.
If you are a formula newbie and cannot handle formula easily, we recommend you a handy add-in to easily count cell numbers between two values or dates in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
Step 1. Click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
Step 2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select cell range in the Select cells in this range section, select Cell option in the Selection type section, specify your conditions such as Greater than 75 and Less than 90 in the Specific type section, and finally click the Ok button.
Step 3. Then a Select Specific Cells dialog box will pop up to show you the total number of cells which meet the conditions you specified above, click the OK button and the cells are selected immediately.
Note: With this feature, you can also count and select the dates between two dates, you just need to type the two dates into the Select Specific Cells dialog box as following shown:
- How to count number of cells with text or number in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in Excel?
- How to count number or “Yes” or “No” answer in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHOW TO COUNT CELLS THAT FALL UNDER SAME TEXT DESCRIPTION. FOR EXAMPLE: JAY, MIKE AND ALEX PASSED THE SUBJECT. THEN EXCEL COUNT THEM. but their names appeared many times
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoalguien me puede ayudar con esta formula =SUMAPRODUCTO(--(BD!AY9:AY32>=SNIS!AI6); --(BD!AY9:AY32<=SNIS!AL6);
--(CONTAR.SI.CONJUNTO(BD!C9:C32;">=0,6";BD!C9:C32;"<=1"))) donde esta el error
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoSl.No. School Student Gender Date of
name NAME joining
1 ABC ananthi f 01-05-2015
2 DEF arjun m 21-05-2015
3 ABC reshma f 22-06-2015
4 DEF rani f 07-07-2015
5 CAD gopika f 08-07-2015
6 CAD banu f 25-07-2015
7 ABC vijay m 22-08-2015
8 ABC ARUN M 05-08-2015
I want count the school name ABC and how many male or female from date 01-06-2015 to 31-08-2015
help me to count the text within the particular dated between the dates
[b]This type of is the output I need
from 01-06-2015 to 31-08-2015
School name Male Female
ABC 2 1
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi
There are many ways you can do this, but in case if you have a data such like mentioned above then its very easy.
All you have to do is
1. Select the Column
2. Go to "Text to Columns" from your Data option in ribbon
3. Separate your data by Space
4. Manipulate accordingly.