How to show or hide formulas in cells of specified range/active sheet/all sheets in Excel?
Sometime we may need to show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results. Here we will provide you with some methods to display formulas in cells.
By default, it will display the formulas' calculated results in Microsoft Excel cells. We can only view formulas in the Formulas Bars when we select specific cell. It is not easy to view all formulas in the whole worksheet. Actually, we can modify the viewing setting in Excel Options dialog box, and show all formulas in cells:
1. Click the File > Options in Excel 2010/2013, or click Office Button > Excel Options in Excel 2007;
2. Now you get into the Excel Option dialog box. Please select the Advanced in the left bar, and then go to the Display options for this worksheet section and check the Show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results option. See screenshot:
Note: For hiding formulas from the active worksheet, please uncheck the Show formulas in cells instead of their calculated results option.
3. Click OK button to save the settings.
And then it will show all formulas in cells instead of their calculated results in active worksheet at once.
Kutools for Excel will help us easily toggle between viewing formulas' calculated results in cells and displaying formulas in cells with View Options tool.
1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options to open the View Options dialog box.
2. In the opening View Options dialog box, please check the Formulas option (or uncheck the Formulas option for hiding formulas) firstly, next click the Apply to all sheets button, and at last click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to show (or hide) formulas only in active worksheet, please check (or uncheck) the Formulas option and then click the Ok button.
And then you will see all formulas in all worksheets (or active worksheets if you didn't click the Apply to all sheets button) are displaying automatically.
The View Options utility of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page breaks, Zeros Values, Vertical scroll bar, Horizontal scroll bar, Sheet tabs, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them.
Both above methods will show all formulas in current worksheet, and change the column width automatically in Excel. But sometimes you may just want to show formulas in specified range. In this condition, you can try Kutools for Excel's Convert Formula to Text utility.
Select the range in which you will show formulas in cells, and click the Kutools > Content > Convert Formula to Text.
Note: Select the text of formulas, and click Kutools > Content > Convert Text to Formula to hide the formula and show the calculated results.
Then you will see all formulas in the selected range are shown immediately.
Note: If you want to show the calculated results instead of formulas again, just select the range you will convert, and then click the Kutools > Content > Convert Text to Formula.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!