How to convert cells range to image in Excel?
We can't export ranges as images in Microsoft Excel directly until we use other tools, such as Paint tool in Windows. This article will focus on how to export Excel range as image in Excel easily.
In Microsoft Excel, we can copy a range as a picture, but can't export it as an individual image. Here I will guide you to convert Excel range to image with Copy as Picture command of Excel and Paint tool in Windows.
1. Select a range that you need to export as a picture.
2. In Excel 2010/2013, click Home > Copy > Copy as Picture, and in the Copy Picture prompt box, select the options as follows and click OK.
In Excel 2007, click Home > Paste > As Picture > Copy as Picture, in the Copy Picture prompt box, select the options as follows and click OK.
3. Then open the Paint tool in Windows by clicking Start > All programs > Accessories > Paint. See screenshot:
4. Paste the copied picture in Paint tool and save it. In the Save As dialog box, specify a folder you want to put the picture, and enter the name of the picture, then choose the picture type as you need from the Save as type drop down list, See screenshot:
5. Click Save button, and the selected cells range has been saved as the picture format in the specific folder.
1. The Copy as Picture command cannot be used on multiple selections.
2. If you want to copy the selection of Excel to Word, PowerPoint or other programs, you can paste it to them directly after Step 2.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can export cells range as image easily and quickly.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Highlight the range that you want to export as picture.
2. Click Enterprise > Import / Export > Export Range as Graphic, see screenshot:
3. In the Export Range as Graphic dialog box, select the graphic format you need, such as GIF, JPEG, TIF or PNG, see screenshot:
4. Then click Specify Filename button, and specify the directory and name for the picture, see screenshot:
5. Click Save button to save the graphic.
The Kutools for Excel's Export Range as Graphic tool can help us quickly convert a range (and the graphic objects displayed in the range) to an image in GIF, JPEG, TIF or PNG format.
Note: This function is applied to a single range, not multiple selected ranges.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!