How to add values to multiple cells in Excel?
If you want to add a value to multiple cells in Excel, the following methods will help you process it easily and quickly:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Using macros can ease many repeated processing, and make our work easier and faster. So does the following macro.
Step 1: Select the cells that you will add a value to.
Step 2: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 3: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following VBA in the Module Window.
' Add 300
For Each c In Selection
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "= " & ActiveCell.Formula & "+300"
Step 4: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
1. This macro is only valid for cells containing no formulas within them.
2. This macro will add 300 to all selected cells. If you want to add other value, please replace the 300 with other value.
Kutools for Excel provides us with an alternate easy-to-use method, and its Operation Tools can help us add value to multiple cells easily.
Step 1: Select the cells that you will add the same value to.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Operation > Operation Tools …. See screenshot:
Step 3: Select the Addition from Operation section, and enter the value you will add to selected cells. See screenshot:
Step 4: Check the Create formulas option.
Step 5: Click OK.
In Operation Tools,
Kutools for Excel's Operation Tools supports all kinds of mathematical operation to all selected cells together:
- Addition: Plus a specified operand.
- Subtraction: Subtract specified operand.
- Multiplication: Each value of cells multiplied by the operand.
- Division: Each value of cells divided by the operand.
- Exponentiation: Each value of cell power the operand.
- Rounding: Round each value of cell to the decimal numbers (specified operand).
- Function: Applies a function to each value of cell.
- Custom: Create a formula-like expression and apply to each value of cell.