How to add values to multiple cells in Excel?
If you want to add a value to multiple cells in Excel, the following methods will help you process it easily and quickly:
Add Value to multiple cells with VBA
Using macros can ease many repeated processing, and make our work easier and faster. So does the following macro.
Step 1: Select the cells that you will add a value to.
Step 2: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 3: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following VBA in the Module Window.
' Add 300
For Each c In Selection
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "= " & ActiveCell.Formula & "+300"
Step 4: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
1. This macro is only valid for cells containing no formulas within them.
2. This macro will add 300 to all selected cells. If you want to add other value, please replace the 300 with other value.
Add value to multiple cells with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel provides us with an alternate easy-to-use method, and its Operation Tools can help us add value to multiple cells easily.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 80 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Select the cells that you will add the same value to.
Step 2: Click the Kutools > Operation > Operation Tools …. See screenshot:
Step 3: Select the Addition from Operation section, and enter the value you will add to selected cells. See screenshot:
Step 4: Check the Create formulas option.
Step 5: Click OK.
In Operation Tools,
select Addition, enter 300, and click OK.
Kutools for Excel's Operation Tools supports all kinds of mathematical operation to all selected cells together:
- Addition: Plus a specified operand.
- Subtraction: Subtract specified operand.
- Multiplication: Each value of cells multiplied by the operand.
- Division: Each value of cells divided by the operand.
- Exponentiation: Each value of cell power the operand.
- Rounding: Round each value of cell to the decimal numbers (specified operand).
- Function: Applies a function to each value of cell.
- Custom: Create a formula-like expression and apply to each value of cell.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...